Are You Headed for Mediation?
If you are facing mediation as part of your separation and divorce process, it is important to be emotionally and organizationally prepared for these meetings.
As a trained Mediation coach through the New Ways For Families® program at the High Conflict Institute, Heidi can support you to be effectively prepared and ensure clients have the tools to be able to keep emotions in check, prepare appropriate proposals, make reasonable decisions regarding their spouse’s proposals, and ultimately remain focused on reasonable outcomes and decisions that can last for you and for your family.
If you can’t even imagine finding the beginning of all this when everything feels like it’s ending, Heidi can help. It has been said if you’re facing divorce, “you need to call Heidi, she has seen it all”!
Working with Heidi in advance of your mediation will allow you to:
- Be clear on the process. What is the role of the mediator, your legal counsel and how the process will work.
- Ensure your emotions and your triggers are in check, allowing you to use solutions and the right tools to manage emotions during the course of the meeting.
- Pull together appropriate advance questions regarding the meeting, so you are able to effectively prepare yourself for what to expect on the day.
- Review the agenda for mediation with Heidi, and ensure that you have reviewed all options and are focusing on making fair and reasonable proposals so decisions made can last.
- Have appropriate responses to proposals made by your spouse. You can have prepared statements ready so not to lose focus and let your emotions guide your response.
- Work with Heidi on what to do if you feel yourself heading down an emotional path. How to check in with yourself, and ensure you are supported the way you need to be throughout the meeting.
- Role play so you can really feel prepared for what is to come.
Working with Heidi as your Certified Divorce Coach includes:
What Heidi’s clients say
I am Heidi, a CDC® Certified Divorce Coach, helping clients create a roadmap for the ultimate life they have always dreamed
Frequently Asked Questions
Featured Posts from our Blog
When it comes to marriage, divorce is also something that may become a reality –…
How to End a Common Law Relationship Canada Ending a relationship is never easy, emotionally,…
How to Write a Separation Agreement Divorce is a challenging time in any person’s life,…
At What Age Can a Child Choose Which Parent to Live With in Alberta Divorce…
Divorce is a challenging journey, involving an emotional rollercoaster as you grieve and adjust to…
Parent Strategies For Young Children During Divorce If you are going through a divorce, you…